Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Current Desktop

This is what I see all day long, and the days are just passing by without any warning :)



Details
I use Fedora and the new XGL which leaves Mac OS X behind with miles, to install XGL just follow the steps described on the link above, and you can get more info here.

The original background is here (deviantart.com is down for the moment, so I can't give you a direct link, but search for helv and you will find it) and the flipped one I did is here. Big thanks to Dajno for the wallpaper!

You can get the icons from here, its a mix of the original OSX icons and the nuoveXT, so big thanks to Kiddo & Saki!

Note to icons: there is a directory called OSX/private/applications/usr which should be copied to the root / and overwrite everything if prompted. This is because some of the progrs don't support themeable icons.

The theme is a slightly modified Clearlooks-graphite theme by Lokheed's, which you can get it from here

That's all, enjoy :)

3 Comments:

  • Hey, that's the Chosun Ilbo! Do you live in Korea? ...or was the Ilbo referenced by Slashdot or Digg?

    By Blogger Mike, at 3:04 AM, September 30, 2006  

  • Hi Mike,

    Yeah, that's the Chosun Ilbo, and no I don't live in Korea, and yes I got to it through Slashdot, and yes I liked the article a lot so that's why I put it into my screenshot, I like the way it is done, it's so human like, I was really amased when I first saw it.

    Cheers,
    Julius

    By Blogger Julius, at 5:06 AM, September 30, 2006  

  • Dude, you suprised me. I'm the creator of that backround, It's dajno from DeviantART. Wellwell..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 AM, May 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Home